BCHCS-BCHM visiting guideline due to COVID-19
Dear Devotees and Volunteers of Bangladesh Canada Hindu Mandir and Bangladesh Canada Hindu Cultural Society:
We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe with your loved one upon the blessing of Bhagoban.
To perform our Mandir regular activities along with others special activities during this unprecedented situation for COVID-19 , we are strictly following the municipal and provincial rules and regulations.
To ensure the safety and well-being of everyone visiting the Mandir during this pandemic, we are requesting all the devotees to follow the following mandatory measures:
All persons entering or remaining in the Mandir premises shall wear a mask or face covering which covers the nose, mouth and chin as required under City of Toronto by-law no. 541-2020.
- Before coming to the Mandir, we are highly encouraging all the devotees to complete the online COVID-19 self-assessment. You can complete this assessment for yourself or on behalf of someone else, if they are not able.
- As per the current city rule, only 30% of the Mandir capacity (including volunteers) is allowed to visit inside the temple at any time. But the actual capacity inside the temple will be even lower as 6 ft distance will be maintained. Additional devotees (if any) will be requested to wait outside while maintaining the physical distancing guidelines.
- All devotees are requested to enter and exit the temple through the indicated doors only. Movement inside the temple is unidirectional.
- While entering the temple, all devotees are requested to sanitize their hands with the hand sanitizer, and then complete the appropriate form (record their name, address and telephone number, etc.) for future contact tracing (if required).
- Please be seated in the chairs as provided / arranged inside the Mandir and hall, while always maintaining physical distancing. Kindly do not change the position of the chairs or do not sit on the carpet.
- All Individuals are advised to avoid any physical contact with other devotees while at the temple. We encourage devotees to greet each other with a namaste, bow, wave, or a smile.
- Always maintain physical distancing while entering or remaining in the Mandir premises.
- Only three individuals will be permitted in the Washrooms at any given point in time.
- Boxed Prasad (until supplies last) will be provided to carry out as consuming Prasad inside the Mandir is NOT allowed as per the current city rule. Devotees are requested to consume the Prasad offsite, at their own responsibility.
Please note, if you have COVID-19 related symptoms (as per Health Canada guidelines) or have been in contact with anybody confirmed with COVID-19 or having fever, cough and cold, we request you to stay at home until you are medically fit. If you are medically vulnerable, we strongly encourage you to delay your visit to the temple unless you became medically fit.
The health and safety of our devotees and volunteers is of top priority. All devotees visiting the temple have a responsibility to help keep their fellow devotees and volunteers healthy and safe.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the support that you have extended during this unprecedented and difficult time. We humbly pray to Bhagoban to keep everyone healthy and safe, always.
May Bhagoban bless us all!
BCHM-BCHCS Interim Committee